Sunday, August 23, 2009

17th Aug, 09 : The Birthday "Bakra" & "Baratis"

Main programs by/for the birthday "baraat": 
Waiting("baraat" waiting) -> Planning("baraat" planning) -> Spamming("baraat" spams) -> Scaring(("bhai log" scaring me) -> Pulling -> Pinching -> Washing(at Lakes)  -> Patting (beating) -> Rolling (in sand) -> Smashing (the cake) -> Dancing(Choli ke peeche) ->Singing(dhak dhak) -> Drinking(RC) -> Fighting (not known) -> Thanking(to u all:)

Count: 100+ Baraatis
Food: 1 Bakra
7th August, 2009 - Today is my birthday. Never thought that the day will be such a memorable day. Great Lakers already planned for almost “Ending” me on my Birth.

Reason: I have not spared even a single person from the merciless birthday bumps and didn't leave even a single opportunity of smashing the cake/ice-cream. I just love to do all that even after trying to stop myself. But “butt”, could not help ;). So everybody was waiting from a long time to kick my ass. People already started spamming and planning how to butcher me. I was pretty perplexed with the whole situation. :D

Few Preparation by me: While I didn't tell anyone but here are the few preparations done by me. From 9:00 PM, I started mailing personally to few people to support me. Also visited few “bhai log” to meet personally and to keep them less aggressive at least. After taking few consolations from “bhai log”, I started padding work at 11:00 PM. The padding included 1+1+1 under wear, then a cushy towel, then my swimming costume, then my rugged short-pant, then hankies in the back pockets. All this to save my sweet ASS…;)

All guys started collecting near to my room by 11:30 PM itself. Few were waiting to start slaughter game and others wanted not to lose the fun. Whatever it is most importantly I am the GOAT here. It was as if before Dusshera Ravan’s effigy fire, children become too excited about the fire-game.
Correct at 12, people pull me out of the room and started beating, pulling and what and what not. 

(Pinching: Left to right: Sushil "Burnol", Varun "Bday Bakra", Mitesh, Manjit "Daarji", Gaurav, Angad "Chota Muthu")
Soon there was a full “baraat” to have fun of the slaughter.  I think there were around 100 Great Lakers. I tightened my Ass as anybody out of 100 would have screwed them up anytime.
The “baraat” then dragged me towards the pavements. Now few of the “bhai log” wanted to kick me, so they tried to take me towards the basket ball court. But there was another “bhai-log” gang who wanted to take me for a bath in the dirty lakes of Great Lakes.  Yukkkk…whatever was the final decision I was the BAKRA. Finally the latter gang won and I have been dragged towards the “great” lakes. Hitesh, Aravind, and Mohit were busy in taking picture of the BAKRA and the “baraatis” while Charu was taking full fledged LIVE video of the grand BAKRA event.
Santosh, Sushil and Akhil were highly excited to throw me into lakes as soon as possible. Finally, CHAPPAAK,  I was immersed in water. I made a history here. The first person to take a bath in lakes of Great Lakes...;) Then CHAPPAAAAK, Sushil was also in the water. People pushed him. Bechara!!!     

(Creating History: The first person to take bath in the lake of Great Lakes)
As soon as I came out of the lake. Everybody started hitting wherever possible. Well the padding was also of no use after getting soaked in water. Moreover I didn't do any padding for my back :P.
Then “baraatis” took me to our sand volley-ball court. I have been asked to lay down on sand. As a slave I followed “bhai log” instructions as it was their day. I could not utter any word against any one as I made and will make ball for rest of the 364 days. As soon as I lay down, people started rolling me on sand. Damn…it was sand everywhere and it pricks too.  
(Sand rolling)
Vignesh was already ready with the cake just after the sand rolling. He was holding the cake in hands. I understood his wild intentions. The cake is not for consumption but it’s only for a Smash on my face. So as soon as I put the knife into the cake, the whole cake was “licking” my face.

(Pic: Super Smash Cake presented by Vignesh)

My eyes holes were all full of cake and unable to open eyes as if somebody put the fevi-kwik between eye-lids, people were singing happy birthday. Then asked few people to remove the cake from eyes. Meanwhile few people took advantage and kicked a few. Right timing…the guys are still safe even now due to temporary sight loss. Wished I should have kept few “khabris” in the “baraat”. 
 (Smashhhhhh!!! will not leave u Vignesh...wait for ur next bday)


After "licking", I mean removing cake, danced had a couple dance with Mukul after making him equally dirty by hugging. 

(Pic: Dance with Mukul, Left to right: Anuj, Varun "Bday Bakra", Mukul, Santosh, Himanshu "HeManShoo"
Then “barattis” took me at Great Lakes Piazza for next ”bakra” round. Manjit was asking all kind of questions which he generally asks from everyone. I tried to avoid it as it meant inviting bigger troubles. He he…
“Baraatis” as well as “Badmassh launde” wanted to be delighted by some show. I have been asked me to dance on “Choli ke peeche kya hai”, so they sang and I did a SEXY dance on “Choli ke peeche kya hai”. After that “baratis” asked me to sing something hot. Not to disappoint them I stated singing Madhuri’s “Dhak-dhak karne laga” and kept giving Madhuri’s dancing steps just to keep all guys laughing and happy.
 (Guys after Cake Smashing event, Left to right: Kumaravel, Ankur, Gaurav, Santosh, Vignesh(back), Akhil, Sushil "Burnol", Manjit "sardarji", chauhan and jay)

People were very happy with the overall event happened after 12. Vignesh specially congratulated me for such an eventful night. No other birthday has been so successfully “launched” till now. 
(Ending the Ceremony, Left to right: Kumaravel, Gaurav, Anuj, Aravind(front), Varun "Bday Bakra", Mukul, Himanshu "HeManShoo", Ayush "Body waale baba", Mitesh and Manjit) 


No party without drinks. The arrangement was all done already in advance with the help of M, V, H etc. Few dignitaries from “Baraat” were invited to enjoy the Daroo party. We drank like pigs, danced like peacock, sang like nightingale, played like Sachin and later fought like Bulls. Yes, few “launde” including me lost balance after daroo and had a big fight on some issue which I didn't know but just fought. LOL



So that’s how my 2Xth birthday has been celebrated. Hope to see more birthday celebrations coming and adding unforgettable and cherishable moments to our life at Great Lakes. Thanks to “Baraaati”, “Bhai Log” and “Badmas Launde” and all Great Lakers to make it such a memorable and grand moment.
PS: Thanks a lot to Hitesh, Mohit, Aravind for pics and Charu for taking the videos.

6 comments:

sumitdevbharadwaj said...

Awesome dude...one of the best birthdays I've heard of...

shailuji said...

Amazing description of a hammered b'day...I really pity for you but thoroughly njoy ur halat :D BTW there is a typo in the b'day date chk it and correct it..(As usual that's my job to taunt at ur typos LOL)

Satish said...

2Xth meant 29th - right
Tum nahin sudhroge :)

Varun said...

@Sumit: Thanks for the comments man...it was big memorable moments

Varun said...

@Shailu: thanks for the comment shailooooo

Varun said...

@Satish: ooooo...2Xth definitely not 29th :P