Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Readings I conquered !!

This is after a long time, that I got good time to be free whole day as well as my spirits are high to write about.
Today I just thought of writing all the novels/books I have read to satiate avid reader inside me.
So here you go:
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone by JK Rowling (first novel I read)
2. Harry Potter and the Chambers of secret by JK Rowling
3. The Road ahead by Bill gates
4. The alchemist by Paulo Coelho
5. Making the minister smile by Updhayay
6. 5 point someone by Chetan Bhagat (full gap shap, filmy)
7. 11 minutes by Paul Coelho
8. The Code book by Simon singh (very boring)
9. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
10. Monk who sold his ferrari by Robin Sharma (good read)
11. Deception point by Dan Brown
12. Digital Fortress by Dan Brown
13. Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
14. It's all about the bike by Lance Armstrong
15. Night @Call centre by Chetan Bhagat
16. You can be healthy by BM Hegde
17. 12 Red herrings by Jeffery Archer
18. The God Father by Mario Puzo (good read)
19. Rich Dad Dad by Robert Kiyosaki (Loved this book, big fan, must read)
20. Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
21. Harry Potter and Prisoner's of Azakaban by JK Rowling
22. The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand (ultimate characters but too long)
23. Karma Yoga by Swami Vivekananda (thanks IIO (Intelligent Interaction with Others) subject that I got opportunity to read such books, meant for everyone)
24. Jnana Yoga by Swami Vivekananda (too tough and thoughts are sometimes impractical, courtesy of IIO subject)
25. The Upnishads by Swami Prabhavananda(very very tough, IIO)
26. Lectures from Colombo to Almora by Swami Vivekananda (treat to read the complete compilation of Swami Vivekananda speech and preachings, IIO)
27. Practical Vedanta by Swami Vivekananda (easy and brief, another short compilation of Swami Vivekananda speech and preachings, IIO)
28. Bhagavad-Gita The Song of God (pocket-book, however tough to understand by simple plain reading, IIO)
29. Money & Power by Howard Means (Great documentary of 12 business tycoons of the world)
30. HBR on Managing Your Career (2002, an eye opener, must read for all)
31. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (ongoing, stopped reading till MBA)

In addition, I am ardent fan of Chacha choudhary, naagraaj, super commando dhruv, doga, bankelal and dilbert too. :)

The best part of reading all these novels is that I did not buy most of these novels except three (2. Harry Potter and the Chambers of secret by JK Rowling, 9. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown 19. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki).

All other novels which I bought, I never read them. :P
So my principle is - "Maang kar padho" :)

This is just the start ... be ready for my begging if u have the novel on my top-list...(will come up soon with the list)

4 comments:

poloolop said...

You may use online libraries to track your reading.
a. Shelfari
b. Google books
c. Facebook book's application

I am using Google Books. Link

Also, now days I prefer Audio books. Easier to consume while commuting.

--
US

Varun said...

hmm thanks I was using Shelfari for it

Homer said...

Great collection of books that you have read bt i couldnt make out which genre is that u prefer most by the list.

Varun said...

@Homer:
Thanks buddy...well i am not genre specific, generally read any book with a good "word of mouth" from my social circle...:)